Service Engineer – Schmoll Laser and Direct Imaging
Reports to: Field Service Manager
Summary: Provide expert-level service on multiple laser drilling and direct imaging product lines. Maintain high customer satisfaction, timeliness, accuracy, efficiency, cost effectiveness, and safety.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, commission, and maintain Schmoll products at customer sites. Perform modifications and retrofits as needed.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and calibrate products via telephone or at customer sites.
- Handle a wide variety of problems, issues, and inquiries.
- Provide training for customers and others in the effective operation, calibration, and maintenance of all products.
- Lead the project management team for retrofit/upgrade requests and recommendations for Schmoll equipment until the end of commissioning and final payment.
- Assist customers with potential optimization of their machine operations and work with clients on application improvements.
Must possess a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, major credit card (for business travel), and passport.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation, compile reports, and compose routine correspondence, define problems, collect data, and draw a valid solution.
- Must be able to travel extensively, partly international, to support customer needs. While Burkle makes every attempt to avoid Sunday and Friday evening travel, sometimes it is required.