Scope of Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the director of quality, the quality engineer is responsible for various documentation and reports that support customers and internal systems. This individual will be key in supporting our current quality systems (AS9100, ITAF16949, and ISO9001) and our MIL certifications. This person will also be expected to use tools like PPAPs, FMEA, control plans, and MSA. This individual will ensure that all internal quality systems are effective via auditing processes and procedures. Reporting results to management is a critical part of this job. Following through to resolve any deficiencies or opportunities is required.
- Manage time (and have organizational skills) that will assist in taking on high-profile tasks and completing them in a timely manner
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Advanced computer skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Internal auditing experience with an emphasis on ISO9001, AS 9100, and IATF 16949
- Certified internal auditing is desired
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is desired; an associate degree with a minimum of five years of manufacturing experience will be considered
- U.S. citizenship or proper documentation to work legally within the U.S.