Reading time ( words)
This HDI workshop takes place Oct. 27-28 in Copenhagen, and it’s not only highly informative and educational, but it’s hands-on. First, attendees will be given an introduction to the principles of HDI and introduced to Mentor Xpedition, which is the platform used in this workshop.
This is NOT a Mentor Graphics tool training class—the principles can be used on all PCB design platforms. Therefore, you do not have to know Xpedition to attend this workshop.
Once you know the principles and the system, the fun begins! The rest of the time, attendees will be able to experience HDI capabilities first-hand by working at a workstation to practice connecting three advanced BGAs using HDI/microvias and then routing these HDI breakouts.
This workshop is for all PCB layout designers who see the need to achieve 2X to 4X higher board density, better electrical performance, or even those who just need to reduce the size or thickness of a finished board.
This class is essential for those who use HDI, but it is not limited to HDI designers. So, if you want to learn how to use HDI or just be better at it, come join us and learn from the best.
This is also a great networking opportunity; designers will be able to participate in a free networking dinner on the October 27 at the Hilton Copenhagen Airport Hotel. Here, you will be able to talk to the other participants, as well as instructor Steve Herbstman and assistants Happy Holden and Andy Kowalewski.
Focus is on the 6 Advanced Concepts In HDI Design:
1. Where to place the microvias
2. Creating boulevards with BGA breakouts
3. Elimination of through-hole with the stackup
4. Horz-vert microvia routing pairs
5. Automation of hand routing
6. Finer traces/spaces & via/pads
What you will learn:
1. Stackup and its critical role
2. Grounding scheme
3. Determining package types, pin counts, BGA pin spacing, etc.
4. Determining routing rules, line widths, grid patterns, etc.
5. Pin escaping and establishing routing channels and boulevards
6. Routing with constraint editor and via placement
The fee for this class is €1,600 excluding VAT. This includes the course book, labs, and the networking dinner on Oct. 27.
To register, click here.