Reading time ( words)
Computational fluid dynamics software tools can be useful in considering the effect on a printed circuit board of such things as package selection, board layout and structure as well as enclosure design.
This Mentor Graphics white paper explains:
- Approaches to PCB thermal management studies with CFD
- Automating PCB thermal design modifications using Design of Experiments
- Utilizing parametric studies to explore a range of operating scenarios early in the design process
- Example: Heatsink optimization for cPCI card for cost-effective design
- Tradeoffs: Heat sink geometry & mass vs component allowable temperature ranges and layout