DuPont Publishes 2023 Sustainability ReportMay 1, 2023 | PRNewswire
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
DuPont published its 2023 Sustainability Report detailing the progress made toward achieving its 2030 Sustainability Goals.
"We're pleased to issue this year's report that demonstrates how our teams are making meaningful progress to achieve our sustainability commitments and make a positive impact for our customers, employees, shareholders and communities," said Ed Breen, DuPont Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "In 2022, we continued to accelerate our strategic transformation to a premier multi-industrial company, aligning our portfolio to key growth areas and driving innovation and operational excellence to create significant value. Our performance, notably on climate and renewable energy goals outlined in this report, shows we are acting with urgency and are well-positioned to deliver the sustainable solutions needed today and in the future."
Notable accomplishments highlighted in this year's report include the following:
- Achieved 35% reduction of Scopes 1 and 2 greenhouse gas (GHG) from 2019 baseline – surpassing the 2030 goal eight years ahead of schedule.
- Reduced Scope 3 GHG emissions by over 1MM MT CO2 e in 2022 – 10% reduction from 2021.
- Sourced 57% of electricity from renewable sources, when including Renewable Energy Credits in 2022 – a 200% increase over the previous year.
- Initiated delivery of renewable wind power to the North American grid through our first operational virtual power purchase agreement.
- Expanded and strengthened our innovative product portfolio by introducing new solutions to enable customers to achieve progress on climate, circular economy and water stewardship goals.
- Received nine R&D100 and Edison Awards featuring products enabling customers to achieve progress on their sustainability goals.
- Conducted over 1,000 product stewardship reviews and identified opportunities to enhance the sustainability of many existing products.
- Delivered innovative technology, engaging in over 7,000 customer water projects in industrial and municipal settings, helping customers solve complex water purification challenges, including the reuse of water and other valuable raw materials.
- Ranked in the top 10% among industry peers for Safety Performance for employee health and safety.
- Strengthened talent attraction approach resulting in 55% of new professional hires in EMEA region being female, up from 27% in 2019.
- Engaged in over 500 community projects with over 300 non-profit partners across 31 countries focused on STEM education and delivering innovations for good to help solve global challenges.
"At DuPont, we believe the most significant impact we can deliver is innovation across the value chain and recognizing our responsibility to reduce our own footprint," said Alexa Dembek, DuPont Chief Technology and Sustainability Officer. "Illustrated throughout this report are the advancements and impacts we've made working with our customers to create sustainable solutions that have the potential to change the world. Sustainability is firmly embedded into our business strategy to drive long-term growth and to bring value to our stakeholders – and the results show that our strategy of innovating for good, protecting people and the planet and empowering people to thrive is working."
The report was developed with reference to the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standards, the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) standards, and the recommendations outlined by the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
Siemens, TSMC Collaborate to Help Mutual Customers Optimize Designs Using Foundry's Newest Advancements09/29/2023 | Siemens
Siemens Digital Industries Software announced new certifications and collaborations with longtime partner TSMC, resulting in the successful qualification of multiple industry-leading Siemens EDA product lines for the foundry’s latest process technologies.
Cadence Design Systems, Inc. announced the availability of new system prototyping flows based on the Cadence® Integrity™ 3D-IC Platform that support the 3Dblox 2.0 standard.
BTU International, Inc., a leading supplier of advanced thermal processing equipment for the electronics manufacturing market, is pleased to announce its participation in the SMTA Space Coast Expo & Tech Forum.
Technica USA announced it has reached a Master Distribution Agreement with SAA to promote and support automation systems & technology offered by SAA.
Cadence Custom/Analog Design Migration Flow Accelerates Adoption of TSMC Advanced Process Technologies09/26/2023 | Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
Cadence Design Systems, Inc. announced the expansion of its node-to-node design migration flow based on the Cadence® Virtuoso® Studio, which is compatible with all TSMC advanced nodes, including the latest N3E and N2 process technologies.