- smt007 Magazine
In this issue, we (and AI) explored how and when artificial intelligence plays a role in manufacturing today. Whether on the factory floor, or in the front office, AI applications are emerging and changing how we approach planning, processes and problem solving.
- Events||| MENU
- smt007 Magazine
Aegis Software’s Latest Updates to the FactoryLogix MES Platform Enable Unmatched IIoT from Both Humans, MachinesMarch 30, 2023 | Aegis Software
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Aegis Software, a global provider of Manufacturing Operations Management Software, announces new capabilities in their latest FactoryLogix® 2023.1 and 2023.2 releases. These releases mark another milestone in Aegis' commitment to making factory-wide standards-based IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) simpler to achieve and delivering unmatched shop-floor MES via user-composable operator interfaces.
“With our latest release, we've solved the challenge of connecting to and standardizing data from PLCs. Now, a factory full of custom PLC-driven assets can easily transform all that low-level data into contextualized standard IIoT data streams and add those to the vast data acquired from factory operators interacting with FactoryLogix through its new citizen-composable user interface. We have truly completed the IIoT information fabric of a factory.”
"Our customers know that Industry 4.0 success hinges on collecting and contextualizing data from all factory sources, both human and machine. Efficient data from operators require user interfaces tailored to each specific process and person, which means it must be composable. On the machine side of the data equation, connecting with smart machines is relatively easy. Contextualizing data from the endless PLC-controlled factory assets in the world and making that standardized and useful has been a time-consuming and sometimes difficult matter," stated Jason Spera, CEO, and Co-Founder, of Aegis Software. "With our latest release, we've solved the challenge of connecting to and standardizing data from PLCs. Now, a factory full of custom PLC-driven assets can easily transform all that low-level data into contextualized standard IIoT data streams and add those to the vast data acquired from factory operators interacting with FactoryLogix through its new citizen-composable user interface. We have truly completed the IIoT information fabric of a factory."
FactoryLogix 2023.1 and 2023.2 deliver enhancements across the entire platform. Below is just a fraction of the industry-leading features and benefits offered in this new release:
- PLC Gateway - Aegis' new PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) Gateway simplifies and enables real-time connection and data transformation into standards-based IIoT between PLC equipment and any software system. The gateway solution goes beyond basic data mapping by discovering and then transforming PLC data tags to a contextualized IIoT data standard, ensuring data is accurate and actionable. Now, operators and managers can achieve greater visibility across the entire factory floor and make informed decisions based on up-to-date information to drive continuous improvement.
- Fractional Tracking During Production - Aegis has expanded the ability to track units of measurement (volume, length, etc.) beyond the unit level during the production process. Now manufacturers have expanded support for even more process types and product types when leveraging the FactoryLogix platform.
- Upgraded Composable Operator Interface - When it comes to shop-floor interfaces, one size does not fit all processes or persons. The FactoryLogix composable user interface designer enables customers to craft a unique interface per operator station using a vast library of ready-to-use applets. Have a different interface layout and content per station, or one for the whole factory, or change them weekly as you learn operator preferences. No code, no building data models, no writing logic—just drag and drop. The latest upgrades have applets enabling further optimization of screen space, extended touch-screen-friendly features, and enhanced visualization of progress.
- Integration with Arena PLM -This integration automates data transfer between Arena PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) and FactoryLogix, eliminating duplicate data entries, reducing errors and inconsistencies, and creating a seamless digital thread from product design to production.
- Enhanced 'Limit Rework Attempts' - The enhanced 'Limit Rework Attempts' capability eliminates costly rework and repair actions by limiting the number of rework events by inspection code and the reference location.
- Inventory Creation at Point of Material Loading/Scanning - This new feature ensures increased efficiencies by minimizing the steps required to load new material at a station while validating barcode content. Material UIDs can be initialized from a complex barcode when loaded/validated at a workstation and then consumed as normal inventory.
FactoryLogix is a holistic and modular platform that delivers leading-edge technology with easily configurable modules to support and execute a discrete manufacturer’s strategy toward Industry 4.0. FactoryLogix manages the entire manufacturing lifecycle: from product launch to material logistics, through manufacturing execution and quality management to powerful analytics and real-time dashboards. This end-to-end platform helps companies accelerate product introductions, streamline processes, improve quality and traceability, reduce costs, and gain greater visibility for competitive advantage and profitability.
CACI Successfully Completes Optical Communications Terminal Interoperability Testing for Space Development Agency’s Transport Layer09/25/2023 | CACI International Inc.
CACI International Inc announced that it successfully completed Optical Communication Terminal (OCT) Interoperability Testing (OIT) of its CrossBeam® OCT for the Space Development Agency’s (SDA) Tranche 1 data relay and tracking network
Koh Young Technology, the leader in True3D™ measurement-based inspection solutions, will discuss the increasingly significant role of data collection and analysis to enable Generative Artificial Intelligence (GenAI) functionality to improve productivity in our industry.
This week has been chock full of news about upcoming trade shows and conferences. Clearly, the season is upon us. This week, I-Connect007 reported on PCB West in Santa Clara (often referred to as the show which kicks off trade show season) and the topic of artificial intelligence was everywhere. By the looks of it, not just at the conference, either. For months now, the mainstream media has been gobbling up all sorts of news about generative AI engines, painting the picture that we’ll all lose our jobs to these tools, while also reporting on situations where the results from AI have gotten progressively worse over time.
KIC Revolutionizes Electronics Manufacturing with Innovative Solutions for Soldering and Curing Processes09/21/2023 | KIC
KIC, a renowned pioneer in thermal process and temperature measurement solutions for electronics manufacturing, is thrilled to announce its participation in the upcoming SMTA Guadalajara Expo & Tech Forum.
Intraratio to Feature Industry-Leading Smart Manufacturing Solutions at SMTA Guadalajara Expo and Tech Forum 202309/21/2023 | Intraratio
Intraratio, a provider of enterprise software solutions, is pleased to announce its participation in the SMTA Guadalajara Expo and Tech Forum 2023.