Move to the Cloud Dampening Sales of Unified Comms SolutionsJune 3, 2015 | IHS
Estimated reading time: 1 minute
As businesses continue to hold off new phone system purchases, global enterprise PBX revenue fell 6 percent in the first quarter of 2015 from a year ago, according to the IHS Infonetics Enterprise Unified Communications and Voice Equipment report from IHS.
"The enterprise PBX market remains challenging, with revenue down yet again in the first quarter of 2015. Pure IP PBX was the one segment to post year-over-year growth due to strength in Asia Pacific," said Diane Myers, research director for VoIP, UC and IMS at IHS. "Things have started to slow on the unified communications (UC) front as well, which we attribute to movement to the cloud as businesses look for ease of management and flexibility."
Enterprise Telephony Market Highlights
- Worldwide PBX revenue (TDM, hybrid and pure IP) totaled $1.6 billion in 1Q15
- PBX line shipments were up 3 percent in 1Q15 from 1Q14Sales of unified communications (UC) applications dropped 5 percent in 1Q15 from the year-ago first quarter as enterprise spending remained conservativeSales of unified communications (UC) applications dropped 5 percent in 1Q15 from the year-ago first quarter as enterprise spending remained conservative
- Pure IP PBX line shipments were a strong driver, up 17 percent year-over-year following a solid 4Q14
- Hybrid IP PBXs accounted for around 60 percent of all lines shipped in 1Q15
- In 1Q15, the top enterprise telephony vendors are Cisco and Avaya, while Microsoft continues to dominate the UC platform market
Newly released data from IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker shows that shipments of smartphones to the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region increased 2.9% year on year in Q2 2023, with growth of 2.8% on the previous quarter.
Keysight Technologies, Inc. and Synopsys, Inc. are partnering to provide internet of things (IoT) device makers with a comprehensive cybersecurity assessment solution to ensure consumers are protected when devices are shipped to market. Under the arrangement, the Synopsys Defensics® fuzzing tool will be embedded as an option into the Keysight IoT Security Assessment solution.
Dicro Oy is pleased to announce the expansion of Dicro into Narva, the third largest city in Estonia, where last week we started production in our new factory.
MIRTEC, the ‘Global Leader in 3D Inspection Technology’ is pleased to announce that Robert Horowitz has been promoted to the position of National Sales Manager for MIRTEC’s North American Sales and Service Division.
Global shipments for wearable devices returned to growth in the second quarter of 2023 (2Q23) reversing two quarters of decline, according to new data from the International Data Corporation (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Wearable Device Tracker.