- design007 Magazine
Latest IssuesCurrent Issue
The Standards of Design
Our expert contributors discuss how PCB designers can utilize standards to save time and money, not to mention frustration. We also spotlight the newly updated version of the IPC Checklist, a handy guide that illustrates which standards cover which topics, from front-end design through assembly.
Rigid-flex: Designing in 3D
In this month’s issue, our expert contributors share their best tips, tricks and techniques for designing rigid-flex circuits. If you’re a rigid board designer considering moving into the 3D world of rigid-flex, this issue is just what the doctor ordered!
- Events||| MENU
- design007 Magazine
Zuken Innovation World 2016 Submission Deadline Draws NearDecember 2, 2015 | Zuken
Estimated reading time: Less than a minute
Time’s running out to submit your presentation for Zuken Innovation World 2016, to be held April 18-20, 2016 in San Diego. This year's theme is Zuken University, with a shift toward classroom-style interactive sessions with smaller audiences. A session can range from design tutorials to emerging trends. Please submit your session topic today, before time runs out.
Call for Presentations Guidelines
• The deadline for final submission is December 11, 2015.
• Zuken users, partners, technologists and invited guests may submit a proposal for a presentation at Zuken Innovation World 2016. You may present more than one presentation, however, you must submit a separate proposal for each.
• Presentations are 30 minutes in length.
• A submission requires a Presentation title (10 words or less) and Presentation summary (150 words)
• Summaries should contain enough detail to clearly convey the material to be covered during the presentation. Be sure to include information about what attendees should expect to gain by attending.
• Government and company clearance to present and publish should be final at the time of submission.
• Summaries and biographies may be edited for the printed program to accommodate length requirements or to improve readability.
To submit your presentation, click here.
Real Time with... productronica 2023: BTU's Bob Bouchard Discusses Latest Reflow Soldering Technology12/05/2023 | Real Time with...productronica
In this interview, Pete Starkey meets with Bob Bouchard from BTU. With its ability to handle high volume, BTU's Aurora reflow soldering system helps reduce downtime, saves energy, has improved accessibility, and more.
Mark Goodwin announces that Ventec is now in the equipment business, as it were, now offering equipment under representation as well as equipment Ventec is now building. The equipment line matches up well with Ventec’s core. Some equipment includes: Legend/solder paste, via fill, press plates, and more. These new offerings just demonstrate how Ventec continues to be a value-add supplier.
John Fix discusses principal challenges in North America and Europe. Environmental concerns are very high visibility in Europe. Fix provides details on melamine mitigation in Taiyo America’s products, as well as other environmentally tricky chemicals and wasteful packaging.
Global semiconductor revenue is projected to grow 16.8% in 2024 to total $624 billion, according to the latest forecast from Gartner, Inc. In 2023, the market is forecast to decline 10.9% and reach $534 billion.
Aidan Salvi, chief transformation officer, updates Nolan Johnson on the modernization activity under way at Amitron. Aidan shares that Amitron has added 62 different pieces of new equipment on their production floor, and shares details on what that means for Amitron’s production capabilities, data management, and progress toward a Factory 5.0 future.