- smt007 Magazine
Latest IssuesCurrent Issue
This issue takes stock of the current economic outlook and how companies are using current conditions to move themselves through technological evolutions, workforce shifts, and financial changes. Even with these headwinds, there’s forward progress to be made.
- Events||| MENU
- smt007 Magazine
Celestica Honors Partners at 2015 TCOO Supplier AwardsJune 17, 2016 | Marketwired
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Celestica Inc., a global leader in the delivery of end-to-end product lifecycle solutions, today announced the winners of its 2015 Total Cost of Ownership (TCOO) Supplier Awards. The awards honor suppliers who provide the best TCOO performance to Celestica and support the company's overall business objectives.
Celestica is pleased to congratulate the 2015 TCOO Supplier Award recipients:
- Best TCOO Score Award: Molex, LLC.
- Best Distributor Partner Award: Avnet Electronics Marketing
- Best IT Partner Award: Sisense Inc.
- Partner for Growth Award: Sistemas de Interconexión S.A.
- Best Design Partner, Custom Mechanicals Award: Delta Electronics, Inc.
- Best Design Partner, Electronics Award: Broadcom Limited
- Best Technical Design Solutions Award: Amphenol FCI and Intel Corporation
- Best Sustainability Partner Award: ON Semiconductor
- Best Custom Mechanical Partner Award: LFE Corporation
- Best Interconnect Passives and Electromechanical Partner Award: Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.
- Best Semiconductor Partner Award: NXP Semiconductors
- Best Renewable Energy Partner Award: Xinyi Solar (North America) Inc.
- Best Indirect Services Partner Award: Adecco USA Inc. and Adecco Employment Services Limited
- Best Regional TCOO™ Score Award, Asia: Fagerdala Singapore Pte Ltd.
- Best Regional TCOO™ Partner Award, Americas and Europe: Innovative Packing Solutions
In addition, Celestica would like to recognize the following honourees who made a significant contribution to its supply chain goals in 2015:
- Best TCOO Score Award category: LFE Corporation and Yan Tat Corporation
- Best Distributor Partner Award category: Arrow Electronics, Inc. and Future Electronics
- Best IT Partner Award category: IBM Global Services
- Partner for Growth Award category: Broadcom Limited and Well-Tech Electronics
- Best Technical Design Solutions Award category: Fagerdala Singapore Pte. Ltd. and TTM Technologies Inc.
- Best Sustainability Partner Award category: NXP Semiconductors and Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd.
- Best Regional TCOO Partner Award category, Asia: Ideal Jacobs (Xiamen) Corporation
- Best Regional TCOO Partner Award category, Americas and Europe: Arnold Industries Cork Ltd.
"We are pleased to recognize this year's TCOO award winners and honourees for their exceptional achievements in helping us to drive speed, flexibility and innovation through our supply chain," said Paul Blom, Chief Procurement Officer, Celestica. "These companies play an important role in our future as we work together to build a more intelligent and flexible supply chain to enable our customers' success and to meet the market demands of tomorrow."
Celestica's TCOO Supplier Awards program celebrates the achievements of the top performers in Celestica's global network of over 4,000 suppliers. Celestica's TCOO system is focused on evaluating supplier performance by measuring the total cost to produce, deliver and support products and services beyond the supplier invoice price. As such, it considers the following supplier attributes: quality, delivery, price, flexibility, innovation and technology.
Celestica is dedicated to delivering end-to-end product lifecycle solutions to drive our customers' success. Through our simplified global operations network and information technology platform, we are solid partners who deliver informed, flexible solutions that enable our customers to succeed in the markets they serve. Committed to providing a truly differentiated customer experience, our agile and adaptive employees share a proud history of demonstrated expertise and creativity that provides our customers with the ability to overcome complex challenges.
Cadence Signoff Solutions Empower Samsung Foundry’s Breakthrough Success on 5G Networking SoC Design12/01/2023 | Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
Cadence Design Systems, Inc. announced that Samsung Foundry successfully taped out a 5G networking SoC design on the Samsung 5LPE technology using the Cadence® Quantus™ Extraction Solution and Tempus™ Timing Solution.
There are many ways, dozens to be sure, and most likely many more, to streamline a PCB design. My goal here is to pick a single-digit number of rules to abide by, that can be reasonably adhered to, and provide some bang for the buck. These rules are meant to reduce design scope creep, avoid PCB respins, and improve production yields.
Hirose has expanded its low-profile DF51K wire-to-board connector series to include a surface mount technology (SMT) version. Compatible with automated assembly processes, including pick-and-place machines, the DF51K SMT Series simplifies the assembly process and saves significant manufacturing time and cost.
Siemens Digital Industries Software set the benchmark for innovation in the field of engineering simulation with the launch of two groundbreaking solutions - HEEDS™ AI Simulation Predictor software and Simcenter™ Reduced Order Modeling software.
I am, at heart, a die-hard “Star Trek” fan. When I was a kid, I was all about phasers, warp drive, and cool stuff like that. However, these days, I tend to put a higher value on production and storytelling. But like any fan (I’m avoiding “Trekkie” because, frankly, it’s kind of embarrassing), I have certain moments from the hundreds (if not thousands) of hours filmed for the various TV shows and movies that are among my favorites. One of those moments is in “Star Trek III, The Search for Spock,” when our heroes steal the Starship Enterprise from space dock.