- design007 Magazine
Latest IssuesCurrent Issue
In this issue, we discuss some of the challenges, pitfalls and mitigations to consider when designing non-standard board geometries. We share strategies for designing odd-shaped PCBs, including manufacturing trade-offs and considerations required for different segments and perspectives.
- Events||| MENU
- design007 Magazine
Mentor: PCB Shift-Left Forum 2019May 14, 2019 | Mentor, a Siemens business
Estimated reading time: 1 minute
Mentor, a Siemens business will hold PCB Shift-Left Forum 2019 in Oulu, Finland on May 23, 2019 (9:00 - 15:00 Europe/Helsinki) and Herzliya, Israel on Jun 4, 2019 (9:00 - 15:00 Israel).
Establishing an effective PCB systems design validation process reduces design spins and increases product quality.
Increasing performance requirements coupled with a pressure to improve product quality are driving engineering teams to consider alternatives to their current validation approach. Best-practice design processes validate the digital twin (a model of your design) early and often to minimize re-spins and actually shorten the overall design cycle. This 'shift-left' approach enables design engineers and layout designers to validate within their native environment, minimizing the bottleneck waiting for specialist reviews, and freeing the specialists to resolve the remaining critical issues. This process allows engineering teams to better cope with increasing complexity and focus their efforts on product innovation.
This event will cover research on best-practice process strategies (as well as implications of avoiding them). Case studies will show how engineering teams have deployed an ‘optimal’ automated validation process to accelerate sign-off. Analysis technologies that could be deployed within any ECAD flow will be discussed, including multi-board schematic, signal and power integrity, analog/mixed signal, thermal, vibration and manufacturability.
- Automated multi-board schematic analysis - Full inspection of all schematic nets to increase design quality and reduce re-spins
- Rule based error identification enabling checks for potential issues early and often during the layout implementation. Quickly layout and routing issues that could lead to SI, PI, EMI and other problems
- Design to manufacturing optimization with comprehensive DFM analysis, incorporated into your PCB design process
- Signal integrity analysis (pre and post layout)
- Power integrity (DC and AC) analysis for correct implementation of the power distribution network
- 3D, broadband, full-wave electromagnetic field solver for SI, PI, and EMI
- Integrated testability analysis - Reduce overall cost of test by addressing testability considerations in schematic capture and layout
- Analog / mixed-signal simulation (inclusive of PCB material effects through automated parasitic extraction)
- Design exploration to automatically vary actual parameters in a design concept and identify high performing design options
For more information, visit mentor.com.
Siemens Joins Semiconductor Education Alliance to Address Skills and Talent Shortage in Global Semiconductor Industry02/29/2024 | Siemens Digital Industries
Siemens Digital Industries Software announced today it has joined the Semiconductor Education Alliance to help build and nurture thriving communities of practice across the integrated circuit (IC) design and Electronic Design Automation (EDA) industries, from teachers and schools to universities, publishers, educational technology companies and research organizations.
At DesignCon, the I-Connect007 Editorial Team met with Brad Griffin, product marketing group director for the System Analysis Group at Cadence Design Systems. Brad explains how this analysis tool enables designers to address SI and PI issues early in the design process, before they become costly errors, and why he believes his late co-worker Dennis Nagel would be proud to see his efforts come to fruition.
Sondrel, a leading provider of ultra-complex chips for leading global technology brands, announces that it has secured two new contracts to supply Design Consultancy Services for a Network processor chip and a Radio Transceiver chip.
With the seemingly endless ways that electronic products are worming their way into our lives, what was once “nice to own” is increasingly considered indispensable. The capabilities of these products have been driven by relentless improvements at every level of the manufacturing chain, from individual transistors (which are approaching Angstrom levels) to systems the size of buildings supporting Bitcoin mining and increasingly distributed AI products.
Indium Corporation to Showcase Proven EV Products and High-Reliability Alloys at Productronica China02/28/2024 | Indium Corporation
As a materials pioneer and trusted partner in electric vehicle (EV) and e-Mobility manufacturing, Indium Corporation is proud to showcase its high-reliability alloys and soldering solutions at Productronica China, March 20-22, in Shanghai.