- design007 Magazine
Latest IssuesCurrent Issue
In this issue, we discuss some of the challenges, pitfalls and mitigations to consider when designing non-standard board geometries. We share strategies for designing odd-shaped PCBs, including manufacturing trade-offs and considerations required for different segments and perspectives.
- Events||| MENU
- design007 Magazine
EIPC Speednews: News from the European PCB IndustryJanuary 27, 2016 | EIPC
Estimated reading time: 1 minute
- EIPC Workshop "Metallization and Surface Finishes", at Fraunhofer IZM, Berlin, February 17
- Save the date: EIPC Summer Conference Edinburgh, June 9 & 10
- Viking on the move
- Southern Manufacturing returns to FIVE
- Ventec International Group grow US Technical Team with the appointment of Mark Nemecek
- Apple's Iron Grip on Our Smartphone World
- Taiyo, Donnie Monn; Wouldn't you really rather have a "Volkswagen" or Not your father's "Volkswagen"
Semiconductor Industry News
- Amazon Enters Semiconductor Business With Its Own Branded Chips
- Altair Semiconductor Expands Global Operations, Opening New R&D Center in Taiwan
- Apple Scales Back Orders For Its iPhones
- Intel acquires Ascending Technologies, an Autopilot Drone Maker
- Multi-Touch Display Features 3D Gesture Control
- Samsung, LG Expand Battlefield to Auto Electronics
- Samsung Puts 3D NAND Production Line in Xi'an Into Full Operation
- ST's Digital Power Amps Promise Clear Audio For Cars
- First WiFi Kiosks set to land on New York's streets
- 2,500 More Wi-Fi Hotspots to rise across India
- In-Building Mobile Data Traffic To See 6-Fold Growth By 2020
- Sweet Tooth? Print Yourself Some Chocolate
- News from IPC
On the cusp of another IPC APEX EXPO, we focus on how bare board fabricators can maximize their time and investment at the show. We visited with Matt Kelly, IPC chief technologist, and Julia Gumminger, IPC professional development and events manager, as well as Udo Welzel and Stanton Rak, the chairs of the technical program committee, to discuss the technical depth and breadth that the 2024 show will bring to fabricators and professionals all along the supply chain.
Each quarter, IPC releases a list of standards that are new or have been updated. To view a complete list of newly published standards and standards revisions, translations, proposed standards for ballot, final drafts for industry review, working drafts, and project approvals, visit ipc.org/status.
IPC’s efforts in government relations and advocacy have been pivotal in getting legislation like the CHIPS Act passed. In February, IPC President and CEO Dr. John W. Mitchell was back in Washington, D.C., representing our industry in a meeting convened by the U.S. Department of Commerce, where he discussed workforce issues in our industry and how to ensure that our businesses have the workforce they need. In this audio interview, he reviews his concerns and solutions on workforce development.
Like any great tech industry event, IPC APEX EXPO pushes us out of our busy 24/7 manufacturing bubbles. It forces us to pay attention to things that are important but not always present in our day-to-day lives. But there is so much to see and do. This issue of PCB007 Magazine previews many of the important events taking place at the show this year and highlights some changes and opportunities. Let us help you map out your show plan. This issue is focused on the PCB fabricator’s show experience and how you can get the most from your valuable time and investment in attending the show. So, buckle up. We are counting down to IPC APEX EXPO 2024.
It’s been another busy week in the industry. We lost another old friend last week. The EIPC show happened, and Pete Starkey provided us with complete and compelling show coverage, from start to finish. Recently, we posed the question, “When is it time to introduce embedded components into your PCB design?” which was asked and answered by design aficionado Kris Moyers in the latest issue of Design007 Magazine. We are proud to be a part of the exciting Global Insights weekly newsletter, which Nolan Johnson and Brian Knier explored in their interview, and we rounded out the week with some big merger news. Here are my picks for the past week’s must-read news items.