- design007 Magazine
Latest IssuesCurrent Issue
In this issue, we discuss some of the challenges, pitfalls and mitigations to consider when designing non-standard board geometries. We share strategies for designing odd-shaped PCBs, including manufacturing trade-offs and considerations required for different segments and perspectives.
- Events||| MENU
- design007 Magazine
Voices of the Industry: Your Thoughts Wanted for Our August Magazine IssuesJuly 29, 2016 | I-Connect007
Estimated reading time: 1 minute
We are planning our August magazine issues to be all about… YOU!
We'd love to hear from you, our readers—your thoughts on the industry, your company, your job—whatever is of interest to you or whatever is really bugging you. And we will publish those thoughts, comments, anecdotes and any other tidbits that you would like to share in the August issues of our magazines: The PCB Design Magazine, The PCB Magazine, and SMT Magazine.
We’re calling it Voices of the Industry. Our idea is to get as many of you as possible to share your thoughts—your views—your perspective.
First off, here are our ground rules:
- Try to stick to just a paragraph or two
- Anonymous is OK but we do encourage openness
- We do require your position/title in the company or industry (e.g., plating engineer, operations manager, line operator, consultant, sales…)
- No personal attacks on anyone or any company
- Constructive criticism is welcome (if you have an issue with a company we may contact them and get their response)
- Photos, images, and/or tables can be used to illustrate your points (a picture is still worth a thousand words)
- We may edit your entry for grammar and style but will not change the essence of your “voice” or thoughts
- We may add editor’s notes or company responses
- We always reserve the right to not print a view (sorry, gotta say that)
We're using a survey format to make it easy for you to send us your thoughts and opinions. And we have created some leading phrases to get you started.
Please give us your thoughts by clicking here.
Pick one, or two of the phrases, and let us hear from you. Tell us your beefs, your happy thoughts, your great ideas. Give it a whirl and make our August’s magazines all about YOU! Oh, yes, we'd appreciate it if you would please send us your thoughts just as soon as possible so they can be included.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon. Have fun and thanks in advance for your participation!
In our recent survey, a majority of respondents said they consider increasing capacity and improving their existing manufacturing capability as top reasons for investing in new equipment for their production lines.
If you didn’t make it to Las Vegas for IPC APEX EXPO 2016, don’t worry. I-Connect007 has complete coverage of this industry event at our RealTime with... show site.
Check out I-Connect007's complete coverage of this year's IPC APEX EXPO. For those of you who weren't able to visit this year's event, tune in to RealTime with... IPC to watch I-Connect007 interview many of the the industry's movers and shakers.