- design007 Magazine
Latest IssuesCurrent Issue
In this issue, we discuss some of the challenges, pitfalls and mitigations to consider when designing non-standard board geometries. We share strategies for designing odd-shaped PCBs, including manufacturing trade-offs and considerations required for different segments and perspectives.
- Events||| MENU
- design007 Magazine
Amundson Launches Arkeo Stack and Arkeo PanelJuly 8, 2015 | Amundson Technologies
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
James Amundson, electronics industry veteran of over 15 years is pleased to announce the launch of Arkeo Stack, an advanced PCB stack-up modeling software, focused on rigid, flex, rigid-flex and IMS PCBs stack-up solutions, targeting design engineers to PCB manufacturers. “Today’s electronics OEM, EMS and PCB companies are challenged in sourcing a cost effective, accurate, intuitive PCB stack-up software that will accommodate, simple to complex interconnect structures and all PCB design types. We believe we have a solution." Amundson Technologies partnered with PCB Companies and industry experts to design a solution to meet and exceed their stack up needs. "We solicited feedback from multiple Front End Engineers, Application Engineers and facility managers, from both rigid and flex PCB manufacturers, in developing Arkeo Stack." Mr. Amundson said.
To list a few of Arkeo stacks features:
- Rigid and Rigid-Flex modeling: Accurately model any number of rigid and flex zones, you can model any build no matter how complex. Accurately model impedance on any section of the build.
- Complex Interconnect Structures: Accurately model and display; mechanical vs laser vias, filled vs unfilled, stacked vs staggered, and consider copper thickness requirements for copper wrap.
- Accurate and Configurable: Materials are configured to facility thicknesses and specifications, making press thicknesses and impedance very accurate. All aspects of the system are configurable to facility or user needs.
- Impedance Calculations: Impedance calculations are generated using Apsim Rlgc for the most accurate predictions. Includes the ability to model structures with crosshatch reference planes.
- Back Calculation: System will automatically back calculate build dielectric thickness and/or line width given specific impedance requirements.
- Electrical Properties; Automatic calculations of individual layer Dk/Df for more accurate impedance predictions.
- Easy to use interface: The interface is very intuitive and easy to use, allowing users to master the software without a long learning curve.
- BOM generation: Bill of Materials with panel specific costs can be generated to view or input into most quotation packages.
- Customizable Reports: Reports are fully customizable allowing you to use your company's logo and display in the format of your choice. Multiple reports can be configured allowing users to have the output they need. Reports can be printed or saved directly to Pdf.
- Panelization: Built-in panelization layout tool. Layout panels with individual boards or arrays, add coupons, rails, etc. Arrays can be layed-out by fixed array size or by a matrix of boards. Full dimensions can be added to the array.
- "Industry feedback has been extremely positive." Amundson continued, "A Tier One OEM benchmarked our product against existing software systems in 2014. The results from their engineering staff gave Arkeo Stack the best report. We now have multiple installations in the US and Canada."
More information on Arkeo Stack can be found at www.arkeostack.com.
After working for a capital equipment supplier for almost 50 years, I’ve found that the most important part of getting to know your vendor is good communication among all parties. While contact between fabricators of a constantly changing product line and the designers of those products may occur daily or weekly, conversations between you and your equipment supplier may be years apart. That lengthy gap often means that previous contacts may have been promoted, retired, or moved on to other opportunities. You may have also migrated to a new supplier with whom you have little or no history. In either case, you will be interacting with someone you are unfamiliar with (as they are with you). Therefore, it is essential for both sides to communicate clearly so expectations will align.
The opening session of the second day’s conference proceedings focused on global PCB trends and was introduced and moderated by Dr. Michele Stampanoni, vice president of strategic sales and business development at Cicor Group in Switzerland. He opened the session with Dr. Hayao Nakahara’s knowledgeable and enlightening video presentation on the IC substrates industry.
The 2024 Winter Conference of the EIPC took place January 30 and 31 at the IHK Academie in Villingen-Schwenningen, Germany. The keynote session will be reported separately. Here is my review of the first day’s conference proceedings.
Electrodeposition comes down to fundamentals. In the early days of plating, many users considered the nuances of metallization as black magic. Those days are long gone. Having a thorough understanding of the critical parameters that influence electrodeposition will determine success.
High Density Packaging User Group (HDP) is pleased to announce that Shikoku Chemicals Corporation (Shikoku) has become a member.