- design007 Magazine
Latest IssuesCurrent Issue
In this issue, we discuss some of the challenges, pitfalls and mitigations to consider when designing non-standard board geometries. We share strategies for designing odd-shaped PCBs, including manufacturing trade-offs and considerations required for different segments and perspectives.
- Events||| MENU
- design007 Magazine
NI Releases AWR V14.02 SoftwareFebruary 4, 2019 | National Instruments
Estimated reading time: 1 minute
An update to the NI AWR Design Environment platform V14 is now available to download for current customers and evaluators. The v14.02 update contains numerous improvements, enhancements and upgrades. Highlights of this latest release include:
- API – The application programming interface (API) has been enhanced with numerous upgrades to access design editor information and control.
- Cell Libraries – New additions to the cell libraries provide a more robust implementation.
- Shape Preprocessing – The unique geometry simplification rules that reshape circles and arcs can now increase as well as decrease the number of definition points.
- Visualization – The layout rendering performance for large designs has been improved, along with numerous other layout improvements.
- Analyst – Several improvements have been made to the solver, most importantly, the intrinsic wave impedance in the solver options is now available as the wave port characteristic impedance method.
- Microwave Office/APLAC – Several key new functionalities have been added or enhanced in the APLAC harmonic balance (HB) simulator, including element parameters can be swept as a function of frequency.
- AXIEM – The accuracy of the Green's function has been enhanced, and hence the moment matrix, resulting in improved convergence of iterative solvers for PCB, for example.
- Visuals System Simulator (VSS) – Both the capabilities and robustness of system simulation and behavioral models have been enhanced.
- Innovative new wizards introduced in V14, namely the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Import wizard, the Phased-Array Generator wizard, and the Network Synthesis wizard, have been further enhanced, in response to customer feedback.
To learn more about NI AWR software V14 and specific details of the many improvements in V14.02, click here.
KIC’s Miles Moreau to Present Profiling Basics and Best Practices at SMTA Wisconsin Chapter PCBA Profile Workshop01/25/2024 | KIC
KIC, a renowned pioneer in thermal process and temperature measurement solutions for electronics manufacturing, announces that Miles Moreau, General Manager, will be a featured speaker at the SMTA Wisconsin Chapter In-Person PCBA Profile Workshop.
Panasonic’s Darren Hitchcock spoke with the I-Connect007 Editorial Team on the complexities of moving toward ultra HDI manufacturing. As we learn in this conversation, the number of shifting constraints relative to traditional PCB fabrication is quite large and can sometimes conflict with each other.
In my last column, I discussed cutting-edge innovations in printed circuit board technology, focusing on innovative trends in ultra HDI, embedded passives and components, green PCBs, and advanced substrate materials. This month, I’m following up with the products these new PCB technologies are destined for. Why do we need all these new technologies?
Experience ViTrox's State-of-the-Art Offerings at SMTA Guadalajara 2023 Presented by Sales Channel Partner—SMTo Engineering09/18/2023 | ViTrox
ViTrox, which aims to be the world’s most trusted technology company, is excited to announce that our trusted Sales Channel Partner (SCP) in Mexico, SMTo Engineering, S.A. de C.V., will be participating in SMTA Guadalajara Expo & Tech Forum. They will be exhibiting in Booth #911 from the 25th to the 26th of October 2023, at the Expo Guadalajara in Jalisco, Mexico.
Intel announced one of the industry’s first glass substrates for next-generation advanced packaging, planned for the latter part of this decade.